Consular Processing | Law Office of Alexandra Mayen Rivera
755 New York Ave, Suite 420Huntington, NY 11743

Site Language:

Consular Processing

If you are outside of the United States, you may apply at a U.S. Department of State Consulate abroad for an immigrant visa and be admitted as a permanent resident.

The first step to this process is to determine under what basis you will be issued an immigrant visa. Whether it’s from a Family Petition filed by your U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident family member, a petition by your employer, or under special categories or humanitarian programs, the process that follows is the same

Once the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services approves your petition, your case will be transferred to the National Visa Center. The National Visa Center is responsible for collecting visa applications, fees, and supporting documentation. Once all of these documents are approved, your case will be transferred to the consular office that will schedule you for an interview. The consular office will process the case and have the final decision on granting you the immigrant visa.

If the case is approved by the consular office, they will provide the applicant, a visa packet” that must be presented once you arrive to the United States.

This process is called consular processing. Our firm can help you navigate the process of sponsoring your family member in obtaining an Immigrant Visa at a U.S. Consulate abroad.

Call Now

(631) 350-6070