Victims of Human Trafficking - T Visa | Law Office of Alexandra Mayen Rivera
755 New York Ave, Suite 420Huntington, NY 11743

Site Language:

Victims of Human Trafficking - T Visa

The T nonimmigrant status, also known as T-Visa was created in the Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act (VTVPA). The T nonimmigrant status is for those who are or have been victims of human trafficking. It protects victims of human trafficking and allows victims to remain in the United States to assist in an investigation or prosecution of human trafficking. The spouse and children under 21 years old of the victim can also receive T nonimmigrant status. If the victim was under 21 years old, a spouse, children, parents, and unmarried siblings under 18 may be included in the petition.

You may be eligible for a T visa if:

  • You are or were a victim of trafficking, as defined by law;
  • You are in the United States, American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, or at a port of entry due to trafficking;
  • You comply with any reasonable request from a law enforcement agency for assistance in the investigation or prosecution of human trafficking;
  • You demonstrate that you would suffer extreme hardship involving unusual and severe harm if you were removed from the United States; and
  • You are admissible to the United States.

After being granted T status, you must wait three years before you may apply for your green card if you meet certain eligibility requirements.

Call Now

(631) 350-6070